Psychedelics are drugs that can induce an altered state, perhaps best described as a dreamlike state, for some number of minutes or hours, depending on the specific psychedelic. Psychedelics have been used by indigenous people for thousands of years. Psychedelics comes in various forms – psilocybin, LSD, Salvia, shrooms or any other psychoactive (including Cannabis). Like other hallucinogens, psychedelics induces hallucinatory effects that persist for varying amounts of time depending on the amount of dose taken.
Generally, psychedelics have been getting increasingly positive attention due to its wide usage. Though not fully legalize in every part of the globe but its positive is widely felt among its users. Also, the current ‘buzz’ around psychedelics is that they can take you to “where God lives” (i.e. take you to another realm entirely).
The effects caused by ingesting psychedelics differs for each person, depending on the individual ability to withstand its effect. It is generally advisable to start with small amounts of psychedelics until you know exactly how it’s going to affect you. If used correctly, its active component will be a powerful tool for meditation and provide greater enlightenment. It can also provide a profound state of awareness that can be helpful in meditation and self-reflection.
Depending on how strong the psychedelics is and how large the dose is, the effects can be anything from a very mild experience to a trippy psychedelic experience. Some psychedelics users claim to experience colorful visuals and imagery, feeling like time is not moving. After using psychedelics, people usually feel refreshed and re-focused. Some users do however sometimes report getting a light headache after smoking psychedelics.
Positive influence of taking psychedelics
- Increase in associative and creative thinking
- Closed and open-eye visuals
- Ego dissolution
- Sense of unity and connectedness to other life forms
- General sense of euphoria
- Life-changing spiritual experiences
Psychedelics is a powerful chemical and taking the correct dose is essential. Because Psychedelics is active at very, very small quantities, it is difficult to independently assess the dose. Taking too much Psychedelics can lead to feelings of dissociation and alienation.
Be sure that you know the dose that you are taking. A single ‘dose’ or ‘tab’ of Psychedelics can vary widely in strength, so make sure you know the quantity in micrograms. A 100ug dose is a good starting point if you have never taken Psychedelics before and should provide a calm and opening experience. If you are interested in deeper psychological work or spiritual exploration, and have a lot of experience at lower does, you may decide to move up to 400 or 500ug, but only do so if you are very comfortable with lower doses. Do not use Psychedelics unless you are very confident of the quality and dose that you have. It’s best to use a source that someone you know has also used and can vouch for.
How to tell when psychedelics dosage have gone bad
The basic method to tell when psychedelics dosage have gone bad is through bad trips. Unpleasant trips is a result of high dosage or bad substance.
Bad trip is not much different from an anxiety attack–only that your fear is more visual and alive in a sense but believe it or not, a bad trip can be beneficial. If you are guilt-ridden, depressed or you have a fear you can’t face- a trip can help you explore that, which can be scary but you will be free of it and have more clarity about life. Other times a bad trip can be a hallucinogenic nightmare, but they are avoidable.
Some pro tips on avoiding a bad trip:
- Don’t take too much: start with a low dose i.e. 100ug to 150ug– don’t mix it with other drugs. You may be offered cannabis–decline.
- Stay in a controlled environment. Do not go partying while tripping, stay among good friends listen to music, walk in the park, enjoy the visuals. Or do it alone.
- Consider LSD an exploratory apparatus, rather than a drug. You may explore your mind and face things you have been avoiding–relax–accept it and learn from it.
- Be content when you take it. Consider acid a holiday or a vacation–take it when you are in a vacation spirit.
- Finally don’t be afraid of the drug, people that have bad trips usually have a direct cause, such as doing the opposite of the tips above. Always get it from a reputable source.